The Town of Oyster Bay invites residents interested in maintaining or improving their levels of fitness to participate in the Town of Oyster Bay’s Fitness Classes, which return beginning July 11th at the Hicksville Athletic Center. Fitness classes are co-ed, open to individuals 18 years of age or older, and run for 10 weeks.
Town Councilwoman Laura Maier stated, “Cardio Kick-Boxing, Pilates, Ballroom Dancing, Yoga, and Zumba are all very popular programs that provide our residents an outlet to enjoy exercising and staying in shape, all while meeting new people. I encourage those looking for a terrific form of aerobic exercise that will help build strength and flexibility to come out and sign up for a 10-week fitness program.”
This summer, residents can participate in a variety of fitness classes including:
- Ballroom Dancing will be held on Saturdays, from 7pm to 8pm, beginning July 16th.
- Cardio Kick-Boxing will be held on Thursdays, from 7:30pm to 8:30pm, beginning July 14th.
- Pilates will be held on Mondays (Tone & Sculpt), from 8pm to 9pm, beginning on July 11th.
- Yoga will be held on Mondays, from 10am to 11am, beginning on July 11th at the Allen Park Community Center in Farmingdale. Classes are also offered at the Hicksville Athletic Center on Tuesdays, from 7:30pm to 8:30pm, beginning on July 12th, and on Saturdays, from 9am to 10am, beginning on July 16th.
- Zumba will be held on Mondays from 6:45pm to 7:45pm beginning July 11th and Wednesdays from 7:30pm to 8:30pm beginning July 13th.
Registration for these programs will take place at the Hicksville Athletic Center, 167 Broadway in Hicksville, on: Monday, June 6th from 5:30pm to 9:30pm; Tuesday, June 7th from 5:30pm to 9:30pm; and on Wednesday, June 8th from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. After these dates, registration will continue based on availability – please call 516-733-8404. Each program is 10 weeks in length with a fee of $60 for residents and $70 for non-residents. Participants must bring their own mats for yoga and pilates.
For more information, please call the Town of Oyster Bay Department of Parks at (516) 797-7945 or email email@example.com.